Secure Audit Record for all Konica Minolta bizhub MFP
Benefits of DocAudit
- Reduce data and document security breaches
- Secure and complete content audit trail of all bizhub MFP activities
- Multiple administrative search capabilities
- Facilitates industry and regulatory security data and record compliance
DocAudit Key Features
- bizhub MFP activities are securely archived and accessible only by permitted users
- Automatically records all bizhub MFP activities by user, device, date, and time
- Documents are full-text searchable through automatic OCR (optical character recognition)
- Automatically captures the 3-part user activity record
- Administrators can view secure records through either a desktop client or via the web through a browser client
DocAudit protects your confidential information by creating a complete and secure audit record of all copy, print, scan, fax, and email activities completed on Konica Minolta bizhub MFP devices.
DocAudit Protects Your Secure Data
DocAudit creates a record of all bizhub MFP user activities: copy,
print, scan, fax, and email.
It creates a PDF document of that activity, a full text record of
that PDF, and a log of user and machine information.
This is then automatically deposited into a secure database and
document archive that is accessible only by permitted users.
The purpose of DocAudit is to deter ill-intentioned workers from providing secure data to unauthorized persons that may be communicated through a Konica Minolta bizhub MFP. If such a security breach occurs with a bizhub MFP then information such as who, what, when, and where the breach occurred can quickly be identified.
DocAudit Captures the 3-Part User Activity Record
DocAudit works by automatically collecting and securely archiving the user activity output of the bizhub MFP and cataloging its 3-part record: PDF document, full-text record of the PDF, and machine and user attributes. This 3-part record is then searchable only by authorized users. Obvious and questionable data breaches can quickly be identified by searching DocAudit. Searches can be accomplished in a wide variety of methods including key words, date, time, user, machine, and more.
Administrators Can View Records Anywhere
The DocAudit administrator can access the secure records through a remote Internet browser or desktop client. The Internet browser viewer works on Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems. Records are instantly available and documents can be easily and quickly previewed and retrieved.
Easy to Set Up
DocAudit is easy to set up and use. Each Konica Minolta bizhub can automatically output its complete activity log. This activity log is then automatically captured by DocAudit. The data from this activity log is indexed and audit-archived in either a default format or user-defined format. Audit archive and document attribute variables include:
- Document name
- File type
- Creation date
- Type of activity
- MFP name
- User name
- Job ID
- Send date, time
- File name
- MFP serial number
- Email address
DocAudit can handle up to thousands of Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs. Any bizhub MFP that is on the network can be configured to automatically output to DocAudit.
Secure Audit Record For
Capture All bizhub MFP Activities
Captures 3-Part User Activity Record
- PDF image of record
- Complete full text of that PDF image
- All machine and user data for that PDF image
Advanced Variable Data Printing & Cross-Channel Communications
DocForm Key Features
- Easily create powerful personalized print and electronic documents
- Easily generate PURLs and HTML eMails
- Fully-integrates postal certification
- Built-in SMS text phone messaging
- All capabilities in a single application
- Integrated Microsoft SharePoint Output
- DirectSmile integrated
DocForm is the complete personalized communication solution for production printing and cross-channel messaging for midsize-to-enterprise organizations.
DocForm is a powerful communication application for all your personalized production print and electronic communications. Make your print communications more effective by supplementing them with personalized electronic communications such as personalized web pages, HTML emails, and phone texts.
Powerful Production Print Capabilities
At its core, DocForm is a powerful application designed for the most demanding of high volume, production print projects. Create all types of high volume color or monochrome documents such as statements, invoices, notifications, customer letters, and more. Automatically and dynamically create charts and graphs from multiple databases, create complex conditional data events, dynamically add images and graphics, and much more.
Create All Types of Electronic Documents
DocForm can also create all types of electronic documents - Word [.doc and .docx], RTF, TIFF, PDF and FAX. DocForm also dynamically generates indexing and metadata tags that allow for automatic filing of electronic documents into document management systems such as Prism’s RecordManager. An integrated connector also allows you to automatically deposit an electronic copy of the created documents into Microsoft SharePoint.
DocForm is Designed to be Easy to Use
How DocForm Works
- Inputs are received from data sources, file types, databases, print queues, XML files, and various other sources.
- Merged data inputs can be manipulated within DocForm to create various projects.
- Finished projects are output as printed documents, PDFs, Word Documents, Email, Fax, XML, Personal Web Landing Pages (PURLs), Microsoft SharePoint outputs, and more.
DocForm Has Many Great Features - Including Workflow Integration
DocForm has a fully integrated workflow engine that enables the intelligent processing and routing of data, print documents, and electronic documents. Create all types of workflow conditions ranging from simple to complex.
Create matching email and print campaigns HTML eMails. Print-only campaigns can be expensive and infrequent. Take advantage of HTML eMail messaging to reinforce, announce, and augment your print campaign. HTML eMails can easily match your print projects with DocForm’s built-in HTML editor.
Personalized Web Landing Pages (PURLs)
Creating personalized web landing pages – also called Personalized URLs or PURLs – is easy. Use the same print or HTML project elements (images, text, etc.) and send out PURLs that are individually customized to your target audience. PURLs are web pages that are specifically addressed and messaged to each individual – customize by name, images, and text for each person. And, send out the PURL link through an HTML eMail.
Personalized PDF Literature Delivered via the Web and Email
Create fully personalized PDF literature with your customer's information embedded within the PDF. Personalized PDFs can be either an attachment to the personalized email or an embedded link within the email.
SMS Text Messaging for Phones
Easily create text messages that are deliverable to text-capable cell phones. Provide instant notifications to customers or direct them to other print or email messages that you’ve created with DocForm. Send instant broadcast messages that are personalized with data from your data source. SMS messaging is instant and a great method of supplementing attention for your messaging campaign.
DocForm is fully integrated with DirectSmile. Create unique personalized graphics and images with DirectSmile.
Integrated Postal Certification(optional module)
Easily take advantage of the savings discount the U.S. Postal Services offers for bulk mail with this fully integrated module. No more problems and errors sending your data to a third-party program for postal certification. It’s easy to use this integrated module from DocForm’s drop-down menus. Module components include CASS, PAVE, mixed mailing, Geocoding, Zip+4, National Change of Address (NCOA), and more. Integrated postal certification for U.S., Canada, and U.K. See Prism Software’s separate literature on postal certification for more details.
QR Codes & 95 Other Barcodes
Quickly and automatically generate QR codes and ninety-five other types of barcodes including linear (1D), data matrix, MICR, 2D, and postal codes for USPS, British Royal Mail, Australia Post, Deutsche Post, Italian Post, and more.
eForms & eDocuments
eForms & Web Forms
DocForm can also create eForms and web forms for the automatic personalized collection and delivery of data. Easily create both HTML and PDF eForms and web forms. Dynamically create personalized data fields that are either formed from databases or customer-filled.
eDocuments & eSignatures
All types of eDocuments can be created with DocForm: leases, contracts, agreements, disclosures and more. Once created, the customer can electronically sign these eDocuments with a USB-connected electronic signature pad.
Secure Document Release & Print Queue Management
Benefits of DocQueue
- Secure "on demand" release of print jobs
- Prevent others from getting your print jobs by accident
- Print-and-hold architecture allows for a single trip to the printer or MFP
- Redirect specific print jobs to remote MFPs or printers so you can pick up at your convenience
- Release print jobs at the MFP or through browser-enabled mobile devices such as iPhone or iPad
- Effective queue management for production-grade print jobs
Secure document release & print queue management for local & remote print jobs
Securely release personal or production print jobs to any network MFP or printer from:
- MFP user panel
- Desktop or laptop
- iPhone© or other browser-enabled smart phone
- iPad© or other browser-enabled tablet device
DocQueue allows you to release your print job whenever and wherever you require. It provides secure, on-demand release for all types of personal and production-class print jobs. DocQueue is intuitively designed for both office workers and production print shops.
DocQueue is Easy to Use
- From your PC, simply print to the DocQueue application as you would print to a regular printer
- DocQueue holds your print job until you manually release it at the MFP
- You can also view and release all your print jobs through any browser-enabled device - such as a PC, iPhone, iPad or other mobile devices
- Release any or all of your print jobs through your browser simply by selecting the print job and then selecting the MFP or printer to which it will be sent
DocQueue easily installs on a non-dedicated, local Microsoft windows server. Easily add the network-attached MFPs and printers through the administrator interface. A single DocQueue can handle multiple MFPs and printers. There are no restrictions on the number of users printing to DocQueue; however, for release of the print jobs at an MFP user panel, each MFP would require a separate DocQueue connector license available from Prism through its authorized resellers.
Enterprise Document & Content Management
So Many Ways to Save Money & Improve Efficiencies
- Automated Document Recognition & Filing
- Document Processing Automation
- Electronic Document Workflow
- Automated Data Extraction & Entry on Key Documents
- Search & Retrieve Important Documents Any Time from Anywhere
- Easily Process Batches of Documents
DocRecord Key Features
- Automated document naming, routing, indexing & filing
- Access documents through either a Desktop Client or Web Client
- Automated batch splitting and indexing of mixed document types
- Microsoft Office one-button integration
- Access documents from Windows, Mac or Linux OS
- Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database compatibility
DocRecord is an enterprise document and content management system designed for midsize-to-small organizations from 2,000 to 15 employees, providing:
- Automated document recognition, indexing and filing
- Automated document processing of single or batch-scanned documents
- Document-centric and process-centric workflows, and
- Instant retrieval of electronic documents
DocRecord provides a wide range of powerful capabilities and features that enable your organization to easily and substantially increase its efficiencies and decrease its costs.
Instant Access to All Your Documents
We all depend on instant access to data and records in our personal
life; our businesses should have the same instant
access. With DocRecord, your business can easily have both automatic
filing and instant records access.
DocRecord’s automated document filing eliminates the time, effort, and errors associated with manual processing of paper. DocRecord is able to automatically file all single or batch scanned documents as well as those arriving from other methods such as email, faxes, third-party applications, and more.
Once filed, DocRecord provides your employees with instant access to these records from either their desktop or any browser- enabled device. This means they can search for records from any place and at any time that’s required.
Instant access means lower costs and greater efficiencies...
Significantly & Quickly Improve Document Processing
Many documents, such as those in accounting, must be processed after
they’ve been received and prior to filing them. DocRecord can
automate and significantly improve these document processes by
routing them to others, extracting key data for presentment and
processing, allow for annotation and comment, provide notifications
to others, and file.
Key data – such as a customer name, number, invoice amount, and date – can be automatically extracted from a document and presented to a user for verification. Once verified the extracted data can be automatically sent to another line-of-business application, such as accounting or ERP, and the document can be automatically filed into DocRecord for future reference.
A significantly improved method for processing documents means lower costs and greater efficiencies...
Easily Automate Complex and Manual Document Workflows
Often, documents have complex and manual workflows that require
multiple copy distribution, multiple approvals, reviews and
comments, processing, and then filing once completed. Different than
usual straight-forward document processing, the complexity of these
workflows varies greatly by organization.
DocRecord anticipates these complexities and provides an intuitive electronic method of creating easy-to-use workflows that are effective and greatly reduce time and efforts. DocRecord provides the user with the status of a document as well as its progress within a given workflow process.
Automated document workflows that eliminate manual processing mean lower costs and greater efficiencies...
DocRecord provides a wide range of simple and automated ways of getting your records, content, and data captured and organized in a manner that makes sense for your organization.
Document & Content Capture
DocRecord easily captures both documents and other content, automatically or manually, from across your organization from a wide variety of sources including:
- Mobile devices
- Print streams
- Prism applications
- Microsoft Office desktop integration
- Watch folders and queues
- Third-party applications
- DocRecord Workflow
- DocRecord API
- DocRecord Document Processing
Automated Document Recognition, Indexing & Filing
DocRecord, through its Automation Server, can receive single and batch documents, OCR (optical character recognition) these documents, recognize the type of document, automatically assign the appropriate indexing information, and automatically file incoming documents into the correct folder. Users can also perform regional, full-page or barcode OCR on documents using the Automation Server.
The Desktop Extender allows a user working in a Windows application to search for documents in DocRecord based on key fields or highlighted text within Windows applications. The value, when processing documents, is that it provides an immediate tie-in between DocRecord and any backend application such an accounting, HR, operations, or even company-proprietary software. This greatly speeds related-document searches which are often an essential part of a document process such as processing invoices, sales orders, HR documents, manufacturing and distribution records, and more.
Categorize and Index Your Information
DocRecord sorts files into categories based on the attributes of the documents. Users determine which attributes are important fields to set up indexes on for their documents. This is usually based on their business scenario and who will be using the system. Categories and indexes are completely customized and there is no limit to the number of categories a user can have in the system.
Document, Data & Content Organization
DocRecord organizes documents and content in an easy-to-use and intuitive Windows-like folder structure. Documents can be grouped together in folders based on customer, projects, location, processes, document types and much more. Users define the folders that best fit their business operations and expedite document retrieval. Folders can also be automatically created by DocRecord, based on extracted indexing information, for documents received from the Automation Server.
Search & Retrieve both Locally and Over the Web
Users can search for documents and content from either their desktop or any browser-enabled device such as a tablet or smart phone and is operating system independent. DocRecord offers multiple search options including keywords, index fields, full text of a document, and the folder tree. Users can save frequent searches for future use. Users can print, fax, process, and email retrieved documents.
Expansion applications by Prism provide additional document processing and automation capabilities to DocRecord. These applications are designed to be both fully integrated with DocRecord or stand-alone applications.
GroupPoint: Advanced Desktop Document Processing
GroupPoint, a desktop application integrated with DocRecord, allows users to check documents out, modify them, and then check them back into DocRecord. Within GroupPoint, users can perform a wide range of document changes including annotation, adding additional pages and other documents, editing, and more. Personal and departmental workflows can be created for automatically sharing the documents with others.
DocForm: Automated Document Creation & Filing
DocForm is an industry-leading variable data and workflow application that can create complex custom documents and then send these documents to DocRecord for automatic indexing and filing. The value of this is that bulk documents - such as invoices, purchase orders and customer notifications - can be created in DocForm and then workflow-routed to DocRecord for automatic filing and archiving. These records are then instantly available to others such as accounting and customer service.
- Automated document naming, routing, indexing & filing
- Access documents through either a Desktop Client or Web Client
- Automated batch splitting and indexing of mixed document types
- Microsoft Office one-button integration
- Access documents from Windows, Mac or Linux OS
- Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database compatibility
- Recognition of text and barcodes
- Zonal OCR (optical character recognition, template-based)
- Full-page OCR (including the creation of searchable PDFs)
- Barcode cover sheets
- Index and full-text searching of documents
- Collaborate on documents via check-in/check-out process
- Document versioning/history
- Secure audit trails for documents
- Document retention policies
- Cross referencing of related documents based on common index values
- Automated email capture
- User role-based security that integrates with Windows Active Directory
- Workflow - Powerful tool to customize the steps a document must go through in order to be "complete"
- Auto Populate - Eliminate duplicate data entry by auto populating index values based on an existing ODBC data source
- Desktop Extender - Allows users to "image-enable" their line-of-business application to connect to DocRecord using screen scraping technology
- DocRecord API - .NET API to allow for a programmatic retrieval of documents residing in DocRecord through a custom third-party application
Architecture & Modules
DocRecord is a Microsoft Windows application. Its Base System and other modules are installed on a Windows server. DocRecord's HTML5 browser-based web client works on any browser-enabled operating system and device (such as smart phones and tablets) and its Silverlight web client works on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
DocRecord Base System, for both desktop and web users
- Add required number of concurrent users and modules to customize DocRecord
DocRecord Automation Server
- For automated document processing
DocRecord Indexing Client
- For power users requiring manual review and indexing capabilities
DocRecord Desktop Extender
- Easily look up DocRecord files based on key words from any Windows application
DocRecord Workflow Server
- Provides document workflow capabilities throughout an organization
DocRecord OCR & Barcode Server
- Provides OCR for text and barcode for batch document processing
- Provides integration with an organization's website and other line-of-business applications
Other Prism applications fully integrated with DocRecord:
Automated Document Processing & Workflow
Document Workflow & MFP Scan-to-Workflow
- Automated Document Processing & Workflow
- Customized MFP Scan-to-Workflow Document Processing
- Automated Intelligent Printing Processes
Automated Document Processing & Workflow
DocSystem replaces manual, paper-based document processing with automated
electronic document (eDocument) processing and workflow. It
substantially improves efficiencies, eliminates labor-intensive
processing, and saves money by reducing processing costs.
DocSystem allows automatic and instant electronic routing of eDocuments. These eDocuments can be electronically sent to individuals for review, mark-up, change, approval and electronic signatures. Once an action is taken, the document can be automatically forwarded to others, notifications sent, intelligently routed to printers, or output in other methods.
DocSystem can also perform full page, zonal, and barcode OCR (optical character recognition) on documents and files. Once the document is OCR’d, DocSystem can automatically extract identifying, indexing and cataloging information for further processing or filing.
Customized MFP Scan-to-Workflow Document Processing
With DocSystem, you can easily create custom scan-to-workflows that are accessible from the front panel of the MFP (multifunction printer). These custom scan-to-workflows allow users to eliminate multistep, manual and time-consuming scanning-and-processing tasks.
Create custom scan-to-workflow processes for such items as:
- A/P notifications
- Purchase orders
- HR forms
Custom one-button processes can include many automated functions such as:
- Convert scan to PDF, PDF/A, Word & Excel
- OCR document (21 languages)
- Extract key information
- Automatically route document
- Provide notifications
- Automatically file document
- Perform conditional checks
- Bates stamping
- Assemble document packages
Using a custom one-button process from the MFP panel for scanned invoices is easy. An example is:
Create a custom scan-to-workflow process in DocSystem; publish it to the selected MFP.
Users insert into the scan tray of the MFP the invoices they wish to scan and process.
Select the DocSystem process button from the front panel, scan, and DocSystem does the rest.
- A/R & A/P
- Accounting & Finance
- Shipping & Manufacturing
- Data & Print Centers
Automated Document Routing & Printing Processes
Automated and intelligent document printing is critical when different
departments and individuals share the same printer or MFP. Printing to
the wrong printer can be costly and may cause security
With DocSystem, intelligent printing rules for documents can be established based upon:
- Page count
- Color vs. mono printing
- File size
- Printer availability
- Security & more...
Print jobs can be pooled among various printers, split between printers, have banner and trailer pages added, and more.
Documents and print jobs can be processed with activities such as changing properties, file conversion, compressing, encrypting, adding watermarks, search and replace, page deletion and insertion, and much more.
File and Image Processing & Conversion
Files and documents often need processing due to obsolete information, wrong file type, poor image quality, additional information needing to be added to the file, and more.
DocSystem can automatically modify files and documents with rules that you specify. These rules include:
- Search and replace text
- Convert into different file types
- Insert new pages and text
- Rename files and directories
- Move files and directories
- Prepend files & more...
DocSystem can also improve document image quality:
- Adjust image brightness
- Color or gamma
- Despeckle and deskew
- Remove borders
- Crop & more...
How DocSystem Works
Designing eDocument workflows and processes with DocSystem is easy. These
processes are intuitively built in a tree-structure that allows the user
to visually define and control design parameters, tests, and conditions.
Processing objects that perform specific functions are selected from
drop-down menus. These processing items are combined to form your custom
DocSystem also has a scripting tool that allows for the addition of custom scripts, commands, rules and variables that aren’t present in the menus. This industry-standard tool, Microsoft Jscript, allows the user to connect to third-party APIs and web services.
DocSystem can also communicate through a Workflow Agent that allows an individual to sign, amend, mark-up, approve or request changes to a document or file. The Workflow Agent is then able to return the document back to DocSystem for further processing. A separate signature pad is required with the Workflow Agent in order to provide electronic signatures to documents.
Workflow • Collaboration • Community
- Create workgroup communities and send documents to others for their review, approval, and collaboration
- Build workflow and business processes for the automatic processing of documents that eliminate manual processing
- Automatically route documents in and out of DocRecord, deskRecord and Microsoft SharePoint
- Easily and quickly compose and edit complex documents
- Build communities of coworkers with whom you would like to collaborate and share and process documents
- List individuals or form teams
- Documents can be sent for their review, comment, approval, signature, collaborative comments and input, and much more
- GroupPoint Reader allows others to participate in your GroupPoint community - at no charge
- Workflow &
- Create simple or complex workflow processes for the automatic processing of documents
- Workflow processes and business rules eliminate having to perform repetitive tasks manually - saving time and money
- Fully integrated workflow - no need to export to third-party application or tools
- Perform full text and regional optical character recognition (OCR) to convert text images into readable text and text-based documents
- Document Composition &
- Compose simple or complex documents from many sources and types of other documents
- Open Microsoft Office documents for review
- Easily perform complex editing functions such as redacting, posting notes and comments, hole-punch removal, despeckle, and much more
- Scan directly from multifunction printers (MFPs) into GroupPoint with its unique panel connector
- Wide range of imaging tools available
Community-based workflow and collaboration with intuitive document composition and editing
GroupPoint is a low-cost and easy-to-use desktop application that allows users to quickly compose and manipulate documents, form collaborative workgroup communities, and create personalized automated workflows and business processes for these documents.
Create Custom "Scan To" Processes at Your MFP
Processing critical documents - such as invoices and statements - is usually repetitive, tedious, and time consuming. GroupPoint allows you to easily design custom document processing tasks and publish these as a one-button 'Scan To' process at your MFP user panel. This allows you to simply MFP-scan your paper documents with your custom "Scan" process and GroupPoint handles the rest. GroupPoint document processes can be built that:
- OCR (full page and zonal)
- Automatically extract indexing information
- Email and provide notices to others
- Despeckle and deskew
- Workflow, route, and automatically send to other applications
- Approve, sign, and forward
Easily Compose & Edit Documents
Users can build documents from a wide range of file formats, mix multiple document formats, and scan papers in as a single document. These documents can then be converted into searchable PDFs or other formats. Open Microsoft Office documents from within GroupPoint. Convert TIFF and JPG into Word, Excel, and searchable PDF files with a single button.
Build Collaborative Communities
Documents can be forwarded to members of a user-defined workgroup community for sharing, collaboration, document approvals, signatures, and other processing tasks. Easily communicate with others in the workgroup through messages that accompany the document or through instant messaging. Post documents to a collaborative workspace for others to comment on and modify.
Create Integrated Workflow and Business Processes
Documents can also be sent to user-built workflows and business processes for automatic converting, routing, and a wide range of other processes. Workflows, fully integrated with GroupPoint, are easily built and can be used solely by an individual GroupPoint user or posted publicly for the entire workgroup to use. Workflows and business processes can be as simple or elaborate as desired; include such automated items as image manipulation, routing, file changes, depositing into document management systems, and much more.
Output to DocRecord Document Management & Microsoft SharePoint
GroupPoint is fully integrated with DocRecord (Prism's advanced electronic document management application for all types and sizes of organizations) as well as Microsoft SharePoint. Use GroupPoint as a document check-in / check-out and file workflow engine for DocRecord. Automatically create document indexing information on-the-fly.
Scan Directly to GroupPoint from Multifunction Printers (MFPs)
GroupPoint has direct-to-application user-panel integration connectors with leading multifunction printer (MFP) companies. Scan directly from the MFP to a private or public workflow process, a member of your workflow community, to your GroupPoint clipboard, and more. Convert the scanned document, through optical character recognition (OCR), into a searchable PDF, Word or other document.
GroupPoint is Easy to Use
Easily create Community Spaces from your Community Users list. Create
Community Spaces that are oriented towards projects, departments,
common interests, offices, geography, and much more.
Once you have created a Community Space you can post documents to it for others in that Community Space to review, comment upon, and modify.
For those coworkers that do not have GroupPoint, you can still include them in your GroupPoint community and send documents to them. The GroupPoint Reader, available at no charge, allows those without GroupPoint to view and comment upon your GroupPoint-sent documents and then return them to you in GroupPoint. There is no limit as to the number of GroupPoint Readers to which you can connect. And, GroupPoint Reader users can connect to an unlimited number of other GroupPoint users.
- Efficiently route documents for collaboration between community team members
- Automatic document processing such as invoices, insurance claims, loans, applications, forms, expense reports, reports, reviews, and much more
- By-pass email for your important documents for quicker processing and more rapid responses
Print & Copy Management
PrintPath Key Features
- Manage prints & scans
- Track scans & faxes
- FollowPrint, Secure Release & mobile print release
- Accounting, rules, tracking & use-reports
- BrowsePrint from MFP panel & mobile GuestPrint
- An integrated Konica Minolta MFP software accessory
PrintPath is an easy-to-use, easy-to-configure print-and-copy tracking and cost recovery application providing:
- A print and copy management system integrated with Konica Minolta MFPs
- MFP and printer security, control and cost reduction capabilities
- An ideal
solution for all organizations that require a:
- ...print and copy management application
PrintPath provides the core features and functionality that organizations have come to expect in such a mature market, but at a significant cost savings over competitive systems, and with far less management overhead.
FollowPrint | Secure Release
FollowPrint, also known as Secure Release Print, allows a document to be released and printed when the employee is at the MFP. Normally, retrieving an already-printed document from an MFP can pose a security risk as anyone can come along and claim the document.
Print-and-retrieval type of printing can also lead to waste as many documents are printed and never claimed. Documents left sitting on the MFP can add up to many hundreds of dollars of wasted printing very quickly.
FollowPrint easily fixes both of these issues. An employee simply sends a document to print as normal and then goes to the MFP at his/her convenience, logs in, and selects the approriate document for printing from the MFP user panel.
Print jobs can be released and/or held/deleted directly from the MFP or via any browser-enabled mobile device such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop. When a user logs into the company FollowPrint server, his/her print jobs are displayed. The user can then select a document to print as well as the printer to which it will be sent.
Accounting & Tracking
PrintPath tracks all print, copy, scan, and fax activities for bEST-enabled Konica Minolta devices as well as all printing to non-Konica Minolta devices. This allows printer and MFP activities to be charged back to the appropriate person.
Charge-backs are important to many companies that require proper accounting and allocation of expended resources, such as printer and MFP activity. PrintPath allows organizations to enable such accounting functions.
Based upon PrintPath's tracking function, a wide variety of print and copy rules can be set including, but not limited to:
- Print & copy allowances
- Print & copy volumes
- Duplex vs simplex printing
- Routing to least-cost printer
Rules are easily made and can be established by:
- ...or they can be user-defined
Rules and alerts are delivered to the user via a separate notification agent which opens a pop-up dialog on the user's computer screen. Notification messages are fully customizable and easily configured by the PrintPath Administrator.
BrowsePrint allows a user to log into any bEST-enabled Konica Minolta MFP and browse network folders to locate a specific document. Once located, the document can be printed on that MFP. This efficient panel-selection capability saves time by eliminating the need to manually select and send documents to be printed directly from a network device such as a PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
GuestPrint allows visitors to an organization to easily print their documents from their mobile device (such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop) without having to login to the MFP or obtain credentials from another person. The guest simply emails a document to a dedicated email address within the organization such as GuestPrint@Company.com. PrintPath then sends an automated reply to the guest which includes a one-time-use print code. The guest simply enters this print code into any PrintPath-enabled MFP and his/her document is printed.
Scan-to-Me & Scan-to-Home
Scan-to-Me allows a user to scan a document to his/her email address. This is a quick and easy way to get a document into a person's email system. Most MFPs can scan to an email address; however, the Scan-to-Me function makes it a one-button process. Simply and easily scan a document to yourself by pressing the Scan-to-Me button and save time and frustration.
Scan-to-Home allows a user to scan a document to his/her predesignated 'home' folder. While nearly all MFPs already allow the scanning of documents to a variety of folders, the Scan-to-Home function provides an efficient and immediate one-button process to scan to a user's favorite folder, saving time.
Administrative & Market
PrintPath Provides Card-Swipe Login Authentication
PrintPath is fully integrated with Konica Minolta bEST-enabled MFPs and provides its own card-swipe login authentication for ease of sign-on.
Setting up users, rules, MFPs and printers is simple with the browser-based Administrative tool. This tool provides easy access to all functions in PrintPath as well as an at-a-glance dashboard displaying key indicators in both text and charts.
User Client | Pop-Up Notifications
Users are messaged and notified of allowances, remaining balances, rules, and more through a simple pop-up client on their PCs. Notification messages are fully customizable and easily configured by the PrintPath Administrator.
PrintPath has a good number of built-in reports that provide easy-to-read data on usage, users, costs, and other MFP and printer activities. Custom reports are also easy to create.
Easy Installation & Configuration
PrintPath is easy to install and configure. Users, groups, MFPs, and printers are simple to add and edit. The web-based administrative client may be accessed from any browser-enabled device such as a tablet or laptop either locally or through the web. It is designed to provide all the required administrative functions and controls in one simple user interface.
PrintPath is ideal for use by all types and sizes of organizations including:
- Banking & Finance
- General Corporate Use
Scan to Office • Workflow • SharePoint
ScanPath Key Features
- Easily convert scanned documents to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs & more
- Scan to custom-built workflows such as accounting, legal & HR
- Send scanned documents to Google Drive, Box, DropBox & more
- Scan directly to Microsoft SharePoint
Scan, Convert & Process Documents in 3 Easy Steps
At the multifunction device (MFD) user panel, select the desired scanning or document process.
Enter an email address or browse to the network location to which you want the file sent.
Place your documents in the document tray and select "Enter" - you're done.
Convert Scanned Documents to Editable Word, Excel, PDFs & More
- Convert scanned documents to 8 different
editable document and image file formats:
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Searchable PDF, PDF/A, PDF Image, RTF, and TIFF
- ScanPath has a powerful OCR (optical character recognition) engine that recognizes text images on a page and converts them into editable text.
ScanPath Meets the Needs of the Individual Scanning Job
Scan to Network Folders
With ScanPath, it's easy to scan and automatically deposit documents to network folders for processing by others.
Scan to Custom-built Workflows
Custom workflow processes can be created and published to the MFD panel. These workflows can be created for:
- Accounting (invoice scanning & processing, purchase orders, expense reports, etc.)
- Legal (case records, discovery records, etc.)
- HR (employee records, résumé processing, etc.)
Scan Directly to Online Web-Repositories
Currently supported: Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Picasa, Microsoft SkyDrive, and Evernote
With ScanPath, you can automatically scan documents and images from the MFD directly to the following web repositories: Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Picasa, Microsoft SkyDrive, and Evernote. Your on-line log-in information is securely stored in ScanPath so you can log into both the MFD and your on-line document repositories at the same time.
Scan Directly to Microsoft SharePoint
Automatically file documents scanned from the MFD directly into Microsoft SharePoint. Saves time and improves efficiencies.
Scan with Barcode Cover Sheet
A barcode cover sheet can be used for documents that cannot be OCRed directly, due to quality or being handwritten. This works with all documents, regardless of their quality or consistency, and is ideal when working with multi-page documents that are being batch-scanned.
ScanPath Has Many Great Features, Including Full Integration with Other Programs Like Microsoft Outlook
FollowPrint & Secure Release
Securely release your print jobs from either a web-enabled mobile device (such as a smart phone or tablet), PC, or from the user panel of the MFD. Provides convenient follow and secure printing to unlimited users.
Integrated Bates Stamping
Scan directly to pre-defined Bates stamping profiles from the user panel of the MFD. Bates stamping profiles include document serialization, naming, dates, and much more. It's easy for legal firms and departments to establish Bates stamping profiles for different cases and clients.
Microsoft Outlook Integration
Emails sent by ScanPath from the MFD appear in the user's Outlook Sent folder. Allows user to easily keep track of all emails from his/her desktop.
Multiple MFD Machine Profile Support
Each MFD can have a different configuration and profile allowing maximum flexibility in multi-MFD environments. Ideal when different departments require different MFD profiles and capabilities.
Licensed by MFD
ScanPath resides on a non-dedicated, local Microsoft Windows-based server within the user’s organization. A single ScanPath can handle up to 50 separate MFDs. There is no limit to the number of people that may use ScanPath at each MFD; however, each individual MFD does require a separate ScanPath license.
Scan to Office • Excel • PowerPoint • SharePoint
ScanPath Express provides the core essential features of ScanPath in a lower cost application.
How is ScanPath Express different from ScanPath?
ScanPath Express has a subset of features of ScanPath which has the following additional features:
- Advanced modules: Workflow & zonal OCR, Follow Print, Bates Stamping, Creating scanning barcode cover sheets, and utilizing an HL7 protocol for Healthcare.
- Scan directly to on-line respositories: Google Drive, OneDrive, Evernote, box, Dropbox, and Picasa.
- Scan to third-party applications with custom links through FastLink™.
- Connect dynamically-driven databases at the MFP panel.
Benefits of using ScanPath Express
The key benefits include:
- Lower costs by eliminating manual document processing
- Saves time and steps by automatically converting scanned documents into other formats
- Speed processing times and eliminate errors by automatically filing documents into network folders and SharePoint
- Automatically performs OCR and creates full-text searchable and editable documents
- Tracks emails more accurately by having documents emailed from the MFP automatically show as Sent in Outlook
- Save time with one-button scanning to home folders and users' emails
ScanPath Express presents the core ScanPath features that are most commonly used by customers
Automated & Advanced Desktop Document Processing
Benefits of ScanPath Desktop
- Eliminate manual document processing
- Significantly speed processing time
- Eliminate document processing errors
- Save document processing errors
- Standardize document processing within a department
ScanPath Desktop provides a significant improvement to traditional desktop document processing applications by enabling the easy creation of automated document processes that can be used at both the desk and MFP.
Traditional desktop document processing software applications require a lot of repetitive manual work to process documents. ScanPath Desktop overcomes this deficiency by providing easy-to-create automated document processes that perform these tasks for you and save a lot of time. And, of course, you can always manually process smaller document tasks if that’s more convenient.
Automated & Advanced Document Processing at the Desktop or MFP
It’s easy to build customized automated processes. ScanPath Desktop provides an intuitive and easy-to-use tool that allows you to assemble together different processing tasks. Snap together as many of these tasks as you’d like to create an efficient and automated customized process.
Once you've created your automated process you can simply drag a document to your automated process and it will do all the processing for you.
- From within ScanPath Desktop, you can simply drag a document to your automated process and it will do all the processing for you.
- From the MFP, you can quickly scan a document directly to that process, selected from the MFP user panel, and the scanned document will be sent directly to your ScanPath Desktop where it will be automatically processed.
You can also enter document metadata at either the desktop or the MFP when scanning to your automated process. This enabled easy indexing data t obe added to your document.
Easily create automated document processes that eliminate tedious and repetitive manual tasks.
Share Your Automated Processes with Others
Your automated processes can easily be shared with other ScanPath Desktop users who may also need to use them. Simply share your custom processes from ScanPath Desktop or allow others to use them at the MFP User Panel. This allows for standardization of document processing within a department or organization.
Easy-to-use interface for document editing
Easily build powerful automated document processes customized to your organization
ScanPath Desktop Has Many Great Features
Send Documents to SharePoint Folders
With ScanPath Desktop you can automatically or manually send your documents to specific SharePoint folders. These folders can be conditionally selected based on the rules that you set or the metadata that you add to the document.
Send Documents Automatically to Web Repositories
ScanPath Desktop also allows documents to be sent either automatically or manually to web repositories such as: Box Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Picasa & Evernote.
Scan Documents Directly to Your Desktop
You can easily scan documents from the MFP directly to ScanPath Desktop. This directscanning capability saves time by eliminating the need of scanning to a common folder, retrieving that scanned document, and then importing it into a desktop application.
Check Documents In & Out of DocRecord
Documents within DocRecord, Prism’s electronic document & content management application, can be directly checked-out with ScanPath Desktop where they can be modified. Once completed, the new version can be checked-in to DocRecord for secure archiving.
Works with ScanPath or as a Stand-Alone Application
ScanPath Desktop can work as either a stand-alone desktop application or work together with ScanPath and ScanPath Express. ScanPath is used for capturing, routing, converting, and processing scanned documents at the MFP. It provides advanced scanning functions for MFPs.
Full Range of Powerful Document Processing Features & Automation Tasks
ScanPath Desktop has a full range of document processing tools that can be used in your automated and manual process. These many features include:
- Import documents
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG & BMP
- Convert Documents to
Word, Excel, PDF Searchable, PDF/A, PDF Image, TIFF and JPEG
- Document mark-up and adjustments, including
Annotation, rotation, grayscale and 1-bit conversion, adding page numbers, cropping, despeckle and deskew, remove hole punches/borders/white space, scaling, splitting, adding pages, and many more
- PDF Security and encryption
- Auto-redaction of entire document
- Read and write data to any ODBC Database
- Bates stamping for legal documents
- Add barcodes, page numbers, watermarks & blank pages
- OCR (optical character recognition) of full text, regional text, and barcodes
- Email documents via Outlook (attach to Outlook email)
- Add, remove, and reorder pages in a document
- Drag-and-drop page editing
- Easily combine multiple documents
- TWAIN Support